Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Mosiah 4

Mosiah spoke of when we receive forgiveness and a remission of sins, that -

"...our hearts may be purified..."  (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 4:2)

And -

"...having peace of conscience..."  (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 4:3)

Also as he teaches us in  -

"...for the sake of retaining a remission of your sins from day to day, that ye may walk guiltless before God—I would that ye should impart of your substance to the poor, every man according to that which he hath, such as feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and administering to their relief, both spiritually and temporally, according to their wants."  (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 4:26)

Even suggesting -

"...will succor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the beggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish."  (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 4:16)

In our day there are many supposed beggars that are scams, thus he adds -

"...see that all these things are done in wisdom and order..."  (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 4:27)