Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, November 30, 2015

1 Nephi 8

In follow up to my blog on Friday on Lehi's vision, he also saw that there seemed to be in the large and spacious field some -

"...forbidden paths..."  (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 8:28)

It is while we serve the Lord and our fellowmen that there is a risk to fall into such forbidden paths for there were some -

"...after they had tasted of the fruit they were ashamed, because of those that were scoffing at them; and they fell away into forbidden paths and were lost."  (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 8:28)

What a great warning.  To avoid this possibility we should follow the prophets and of those of the world that scoff -

"...heed...them not."  (Book of Mormon | 1 Nephi 8:33)