Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, November 13, 2015

JC - Chapter 41

As I read concerning the restoration of Melchizedek priesthood authority and associated keys, Elder Talmage quoted -

"...also with Peter, and James, and John, whom I have sent unto you, by whom I have ordained you and confirmed you to be apostles, and especial witnesses of my name, and bear the keys of your ministry and of the same things which I revealed unto them;
13 Unto whom I have committed the keys of my kingdom..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 27:12 - 13)

My thoughts this morning is that priesthood keys related to overseeing and administering His kingdom were restored to the Prophet Joseph Smith.  As we have read earlier, it is obedience to doctrine of Christ allows one to be saved in the kingdom of God.  This doctrine includes faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism by immersion, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end are the principles and conditions to enter into the kingdom of God.  It was these priesthood keys that were given that this doctrine could be administered.