Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, March 13, 2015

Romans 12

Yesterday, I blogged on the verse -

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."  (New Testament | Romans 10:9)

I hope this doesn't sound too sarcastic, but if that is all that is required, then we why in the world do we have the four gospels, and all of Paul's writings.  Again, you have to combine all scripture to understand what is required for eternal life.  Paul continues -

"I BESEECH you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."  (New Testament | Romans 12:1 - 2)

Obviously, there is some performance that is required or Paul would not have written that.  Paul continues -

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us..."  (New Testament | Romans 12:4 - 6)

Paul continues to mention gifts of the Spirit upon gifts of the Spirit.  Many have a few, I doubt someone has all.  I am not going to mention each.  I will say that I believe that of few of these gifts I possess a small degree of.  I believe everyone possess a few also.

Paul concludes that with these gifts of the Spirit -

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."  (New Testament | Romans 12:21)

Again, another condition of salvation.