Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Genesis 31

Jacob provides a great example of how a father should preside in the home as the Lord said unto him -

"...Return unto the land of thy fathers, and to thy kindred; and I will be with thee."  (Old Testament | Genesis 31:3)

Having been commanded of the Lord, he did not force his family to follow his revelation but -

"...sent and called Rachel and Leah to the field unto his flock,
5 And said unto them, I see your father's countenance, that it is not toward me as before; but the God of my father hath been with me."  (Old Testament | Genesis 31:4 - 5)

In other words, he had a family council concerning what had and was going on with Laban, allowing his family to search and feel the same guidance of the Spirit.  And after they were allowed to consider the matter and how they had been treated unjustly, answered -

"...now then, whatsoever God hath said unto thee, do."  (Old Testament | Genesis 31:16)

This is a simple story but of great value as a husband and wife work together for the benefit of the family.