Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

2 Nephi 30

I have several thoughts this morning.

The Abraham was promised that -

"...in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed." (Old Testament | Genesis 28:14)

It was his seed that were the covenant or chosen people. Somehow many construe that to mean his "favorite". But I believe his covenant was more of a great responsibility and charge keep His commandments and build His kingdom on the earth. This seems apparent as Nephi teaches -

"...I say unto you that as many of the Gentiles as will repent are the covenant people of the Lord; and as many of the Jews as will not repent shall be cast off; for the Lord covenanteth with none save it be with them that repent and believe in his Son, who is the Holy One of Israel." (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 30:2)

Thus His covenant people are those that repent and do so. My second thought was in regards to the parable of the wheat and tares where the Lord said -

"...let the wheat and the tares grow together until the harvest is fully ripe; then ye shall first gather out the wheat from among the tares, and after the gathering of the wheat, behold and lo, the tares are bound in bundles, and the field remaineth to be burned." (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 86:7)

It is apparent that at some point in time, their will be an obvious seperation between the wheat and tares or the righteous and the wicked. As I work with the youth of our day, it seems they must exercise their agency much earlier. Nephi taught -

"For the time speedily cometh that the Lord God shall cause a great division among the people, and the wicked will he destroy; and he will spare his people, yea, even if it so be that he must destroy the wicked by fire." (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 30:10)

I noted the word "speedily". It seems more and more that this division is taking place almost overnight.

Last thought was yesterday, I blogged concerning more revelation than just the Bible, where the Lord said -

"I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it." (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 29:12)

We presently have the Bible, The Book of Mormon, and modern day scriptures. As Isaiah prophecies of the conditions of the millenium, he writes -

"...the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
16 Wherefore, the things of all nations shall be made known; yea, all things shall be made known unto the children of men.
17 There is nothing which is secret save it shall be revealed; there is no work of darkness save it shall be made manifest in the light; and there is nothing which is sealed upon the earth save it shall be loosed.
18 Wherefore, all things which have been revealed unto the children of men shall at that day be revealed..." (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 30:15 - 18)

This suggests that all scriptural records of all nations (all things)will be brought forth including the sealed portion of The Book of Mormon