Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Revelation 6

As I read of the Savior opening the six seals of the book or the first six thousand years of the "plan", I was touched with the fifth seal or the period of the Savior's ministry and the conversion and faithfulness of the saints for -

"...when he had opened the fifth seal, I [John] saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held..." (New Testament | Revelation 6:9)

Of whom even cried -

"...O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?" (New Testament | Revelation 6:10)

I thought, this sounds much like the Prophet Joseph Smith while in Liberty Jail -

"O GOD, where art thou? And where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?
2 How long shall thy hand be stayed, and thine eye, yea thy pure eye, behold from the eternal heavens the wrongs of thy people and of thy servants, and thine ear be penetrated with their cries?
3 Yea, O Lord, how long shall they suffer these wrongs and unlawful oppressions, before thine heart shall be softened toward them, and thy bowels be moved with compassion toward them?" (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 121:1 - 3)

What touched me was to these faithful saints -

"...white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled." (New Testament | Revelation 6:11)

These are those in paradise, with the promise of white robes or exaltation awaiting the resurrections of the just.