Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

1 Corinthians 7

In this portion of Paul's epistle to the Corinthians, it becomes apparent that he is answering doctrinal questions from a previous letter. Herein Paul teaches doctrines and in some cases, his opinion about marraige, missionary work, and how they relate to each other in varying circumstances. Thank goodness for Joseph Smith's inspired translation to clarify some of the mis-translated writings. But with all that, what seemed to again touch me was -

"But as God hath distributed [or varying circumstances] to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches." (New Testament | 1 Corinthians 7:17)

He then asks -

"Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised." (New Testament | 1 Corinthians 7:18)

Of all these varying circumstances the saints come from such as circumcision -

"Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God." (New Testament | 1 Corinthians 7:19)

What is clear each that it is required of each member to keep the commandments or those commandments and ordinances that are essential to salvation.