Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, August 11, 2011

1 Corinthians 4

Last Tuesday, I blogged on the meaning of the mysteries of God. As Paul continues his epistle to the Corinthians, he writes -

"LET a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God." (New Testament | 1 Corinthians 4:1)

Many of the mysteries of God or revelations were given and recorded by prophets. King Benjamin taught his sons -

"...were it not for these things [the scriptures or revelations received by the prophets], which have been kept and preserved by the hand of God, that we might read and understand of his mysteries, and have his commandments always before our eyes, that even our fathers would have dwindled in unbelief..." (Book of Mormon | Mosiah 1:5)

And as stewards of these mysteries, whether personal or of the prophets -

"...it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful." (New Testament | 1 Corinthians 4:2)

I believe that when God provides these truths, it is our responsibility to seek them out and be faithful.