Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, June 15, 2009

Moses 6

After Enoch is commanded to prophesy to the people, the Lord instructs him -

"Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you.
34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify...and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you...(Pearl of Great Price Moses 6:33 - 34)

With this command and promise the Lord, as a loving friend, says to Enoch -

"...therefore walk with me." (Pearl of Great Price Moses 6:34)

I was touched by those words. It was as if the Lord wasn't just pushing Enoch out the door to what the Lord told him. Instead, I sense the Lord was saying that "we are in this together" -

"...therefore walk with me" (Pearl of Great Price Moses 6:34)

We learn that Enoch did choose God and to serve him. And being obedient to the Lord, -

"...Enoch went forth in the land, among the people, standing upon the hills and the high places, and cried with a loud voice, testifying against their works; and all men were offended because of him." (Pearl of Great Price Moses 6:37)

But what is even more interesting is that -

"...it came to pass when they heard him, no man laid hands on him; for fear came on all them that heard him..." (Pearl of Great Price Moses 6:39)

Why?

"...for he walked with God." (Pearl of Great Price Moses 6:39)