Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Moses 4

As a result of Moses's experience with Satan that transpired after His great vision with speaking with the Lord on an exceeding high mountain, the Lord tells him -

"...That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor." (Pearl of Great Price Moses 4:1)

It was this same Satan that came to tempt Moses, that was in the beginning with God. In this pre-existant state, it is apparent that Satan had rebelled against the designs and laws of God. We learn the desires and plan of Satan as the Lord tells Moses -

"...because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down..." Pearl of Great Price Moses 4:3)

And thus he became -

"...the father of all lies, to deceive and to blind men, and to lead them captive at his will..." (Pearl of Great Price Moses 4:4)

Satan's two-fold plan and purpose is very clear, 1) he seeks to destroy agency, and 2) and he does all he does for power. In modern day, we can see these principles being applied in leadership in government, politics, businesses, and corporations. Mormon one said - "wherefore, I show you the way to judge". I think as we contemplate right and wrong and principles that are true or those that are from the "father of lies", we should judge if leaders seek power and do they take away freedoms or the agency of the individuals. Or do -

"Every man seeking the interest of his neighbor, and doing all things with an eye single to the glory of God." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 82:19)