Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, May 04, 2007

2 Corinthians 12 & 13

Paul tells the Corinthians, that he too had struggled with challenges and tribulation saying -

"...lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure." (New Testament 2 Corinthians 12:7)

And in humble prayer he tells them -

"For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me." (New Testament 2 Corinthians 12:8)

And in response to his humble prayer, the Lord tells him -

"...My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. " (New Testament 2 Corinthians 12:9)

As Moroni was concerned with the weakness of his writings, the Lord told him -

"...Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness;
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." (Book of Mormon Ether 12:26 - 27)

Paul understood this as he tells the Corinthians -

"...Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (New Testament 2 Corinthians 12:9 - 10)

Paul then provides these profound words of true and humble servant -

"For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection." (New Testament 2 Corinthians 13:9)

Concluding with these closing words -

"...Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you." (New Testament 2 Corinthians 13:11)