Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, April 26, 2007

1 Corinthians 7:32

Paul counsels the Corinthians -

"...I would have you without carefulness." (New Testament 1 Corinthians 7:32)

I've been thinking about this counsel. It seems today that we spend a great deal of worrying or stressing over nothing or nothing of which we have any control. In this chapter, Paul counsel seems more directed to those who are called or to be called to be missionaries. Many saints fail to choose to serve missions because they worry about what they may miss or be able to control at home or because of what they see as challenges ahead. Paul said much the same thing where he said to the Phillipians -

"Be careful for nothing..." (New Testament Philippians 4:6)

Or in other words, what I think he was saying is "don't worry", don't have anxiety over nothing. I think much the same as the Savior said to his disciples -

"...see that ye be not troubled..." (New Testament Matthew 24:6)

Though it is difficult, I believe we can do this as we seek the Holy Ghost, for the Savior explained of the comforter -

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (New Testament John 14:27)

As Paul counseled to "be careful for nothing", he explains -

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (New Testament Philippians 4:7)