Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, February 03, 2006

Leviticus 24 - 27

After the Lord gave Moses his commandments and law -

"...Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do." (Old Testament Exodus 24:3)

The Lords has declared -

"...of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 82:3)

The children of Israel had covenanted that they would do all the words of the Lord. In turn the Lord promised -

"...If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them..." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:3)

"...I will give you rain in due season..." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:4)

"...I will give peace in the land..." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:6)

"...ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:7)

"...I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you...."Old Testament Leviticus 26:9)

"...And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people..." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:12)

What a wonderful promise!

"But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;
15 And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:
16 I also will do this unto you..." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:14 - 16)

"...I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it..." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:16)

"...I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you..." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:17)

"...I will punish you seven times more for your sins...." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:18)

"...I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins..." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:21)

"...I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number..." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:22)

"I will bring a sword upon you...I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:25)

"...ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:29)

And much more! And if this was the case and this people would repent in that -

"...they shall confess their iniquity... if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land." (Old Testament Leviticus 26:40 - 42)

As I have studied the scriptures the promises and cursings are pretty much extended to all men. Again -

"...For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required..." (New Testament Luke 12:48)