Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, August 26, 2024

Alma 34

 As Amulek teaches true doctrine, he teaches - 

"...behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed."  (Alma 34:33)

I believe the true doctrine is the word "improve".  We always must be striving forward through repentance for - 

"Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this; for that same spirit which doth possess your bodies at the time that ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world."  (Alma 34:34)

You have to be improving.