Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, November 09, 2023

Hebrews 10

 Several verses I find interesting in this chapter - 

"...he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law..." (Hebrews 10:8)

The Lord never had pleasure in the sacrifice of animals.

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh..."
(Hebrews 10:19–20)

Those that have been to the temple should understand this verse.

"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise."
(Hebrews 10:35–36)

Faith or obedience always precedes the miracle or blessing with patience.(see D&C 130)