Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Hebrews 9

 As Paul is teaching the Hebrews concerning the New Testament and the Old Testament or lesser covenant (Mosiac law), he refers back to the Tabernacle or the traveling temple and writes of its content -

"For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.

3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;

4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly."  (Hebrews 9:2–5)

I specifically not those close words "of which we cannot now speak particularly."  I struck me that Paul knew concerning the meaning that it was sacred and could only be discussed in sacred places.  I sensed that Paul knew what that meant which also suggests that he had already obtained and endowment and temple ordinances.   That these things should only be had in the temples...much like today.