Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, September 12, 2022

Isaiah 5

In parable, when Isaiah compares the offspring of Israel to grapes, he states the Lord - 

"...also made a winepress therein..."  (Isaiah 5:2)

Which suggests to me that that there would be tribulation wherein that we may grow and prove ourselves.

Another thought this morning where Isaiah experienced - 

"Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged."  (Isaiah 6:6–7)

The scriptures teach that we are purified by fire when we are - 
 
"...wrought upon and cleansed by the power of the Holy Ghost..."  (Moroni 6:4)

That seraphim could have been the Holy Ghose.