Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, March 11, 2022

Genesis 29

 I take my hat off to Jacob as he had to deal with - 

 "...he loved also Rachel more than Leah, and served with him yet seven other years.

31 ¶ And when the Lord saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb: but Rachel was barren."  (Genesis 29:30–31)

And - 

"...Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.
2 And Jacob’s anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, Am I in God’s stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?"  (Genesis 30:1–2)

Obviously, Jacob did not make this all happen, but he had to deal with it.  Make you wonder if you could deal with plural marraige.