Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

D&C 127

I can almost sense the intensity of the Prophet Joseph as he knew his time was short as he writes - 

"...as for the perils which I am called to pass through, they seem but a small thing to me, as the envy and wrath of man have been my common lot all the days of my life; and for what cause it seems mysterious, unless I was ordained from before the foundation of the world for some good end, or bad, as you may choose to call it. Judge ye for yourselves. God knoweth all these things, whether it be good or bad. But nevertheless, deep water is what I am wont to swim in. It all has become a second nature to me; and I feel, like Paul, to glory in tribulation; for to this day has the God of my fathers delivered me out of them all, and will deliver me from henceforth; for behold, and lo, I shall triumph over all my enemies, for the Lord God hath spoken it."  (Doctrine and Covenants 127:2)

For he also writes the word of the Lord - 

"For I am about to restore many things to the earth, pertaining to the priesthood, saith the Lord of Hosts"  (Doctrine and Covenants 127:8)

In my mind, before the Prophet would pass on, he still had to restore and train priesthood leaders concerning the ordinances and covenants of exaltation.