Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, January 25, 2021

D&C 34

The Savior addressed Orson Pratt with -


"My son Orson..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 34:1)

...declaring

"...hearken and hear and behold what I, the Lord God, shall say unto you, even Jesus Christ your Redeemer;
2 The light and the life of the world, a light which shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 34:1–2)

And then explaining His reference to "my son" - 

"Who so loved the world that he gave his own life, that as many as would believe might become the sons of God. Wherefore you are my son;
4 And blessed are you because you have believed..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 34:3–4)

Obviously, if we truly believe (obedience) then we become His son or daughter.