Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, December 21, 2020

D&C 18

 The Lord said to Oliver Cowdery - 

"...if you shall build up my church, upon the foundation of my gospel and my rock, the gates of hell shall not prevail against you."  (Doctrine and Covenants 18:5)

Obvious to me, building up His Church, is - 

"...it must needs be that the children of men are stirred up unto repentance, both the Gentiles and also the house of Israel."  (Doctrine and Covenants 18:6)

"Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!"  (Doctrine and Covenants 18:14–15)