Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, December 10, 2020

D&C 11

 The Lord counseled Hyrum Smith - 

"Wait a little longer, until you shall have my word, my rock, my church, and my gospel, that you may know of a surety my doctrine."  (Doctrine and Covenants 11:16)

The necessity of teaching true doctrine becomes every more critical.  Elder Packer always taught - 

“True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and

behavior."

 “The study of the doctrines of the gospel will

improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior

will improve behavior. … That is why we stress so

forcefully the study of the doctrines of the gospel”

Boyd K. Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

(“Little Children,” Ensign, Nov. 1986, 17).