Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

2 Nephi 25

As Nephi explained the words of Isaiah, teaching that the law of Moses does not save, but salvation is in Christ, He says -

"...behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out."  (2 Nephi 25:29)

Nephi previously stated that he was striving to keep the commandments, but here he emphatically says "ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul".  I found this very touching.