Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

1 Nephi 11

I found one interesting word that explains much of Nephi's vision as he records -

"...behold this thing shall be given unto thee for a sign, that after thou hast beheld the tree which bore the fruit which thy father tasted, thou shalt also behold a man descending out of heaven, and him shall ye witness; and after ye have witnessed him ye shall bear record that it is the Son of God."  (1 Nephi 11:7)

It is the word "it".   I note that in reference to the Savior, Nephi uses the word "him".  So when he is to bear record of the Tree, Nephi uses the reference to the Tree saying "it is the Son of God".