Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Joseph Smith - History 1

As the Prophet Joseph recalls the visit of Moroni, among other quotes, Moroni -

"...also quoted the second chapter of Joel, from the twenty-eighth verse to the last. He also said that this was not yet fulfilled, but was soon to be."  (Joseph Smith—History 1:41)

As I reviewed Joel, I noticed -

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit."  (Joel 2:28–29)

I specifically noted "servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit."  Recently, President Nelson has requested that all saints...servants and handmaids, seek to receive personal revelation.  In my mind, this fulfills this prophesy.