Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, July 08, 2019

Acts 15

As the leaders of the ancient Church discuss the demands of circumcision and the law of Moses on the gentile converts, James explains -

"Simeon [Peter] hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things."  (Acts 15:14–17)

It becomes clear that circumcision and the law of Moses was an effort to keep Israel, whom came out of gentiles, looking forward and prepared for the Messiah.  These laws were not given to the gentiles.  All this was fulfilled with Christ.  Now all were held to the gospel of Jesus Christ.