Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, June 28, 2019

Acts 9

In vision, the Lord told Ananias to got bless Saul to receive his sight.  It appears Ananias basically responded "You have got to be kidding me".  But the most important lesson is that Ananias, at great risk and great faith, was obedient and -

"...went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost."  (Acts 9:17)

Probably to his surprise, that  -

"...immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized."  (Acts 9:18)

What a special experience of faith and obedience.