Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Isaiah 39

Some try to blame Hezekiah for the robbing of all temple wealth, but  whq5 I think it is significant that Isaiah prophecies -

"Then said Isaiah to Hezekiah, Hear the word of the Lord of hosts:
6 Behold, the days come, that all that is in thine house, and that which thy fathers have laid up in store until this day, shall be carried to Babylon: nothing shall be left, saith the Lord."  (Isaiah 39:5–6)

I think it is important that we recognize that this happened over a 100 years after.  I believe it had more to do with the wickedness sin Judah than the fact that Hezekiah had show the wealth to Babylon representatives.