Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, August 24, 2018

Isaiah 29

As one comes to have a testimony of the restored Church and the Book of Mormon, the 29th Chapter of Isaiah becomes more clear.  What caught my attention this morning with the political climate of today, was the prophecy of Isaiah concerning our day.  This morning I would like to quote from David J. Ridges book -

"20 For the terrible one [tyrant] is brought to nought, and the scorner [scoffer] is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off [the restored truth will expose wickedness and eventually overthrow it]:

In verse 21, next, Isaiah describes the crippling corruption in governments and judicial systems in the last days.

21 That make a man an offender for a word [via unjust lawsuits, corrupt judicial system, and so forth], and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate [try to eliminate honest people in government, and those who try to expose corruption in government], and turn aside the just for a thing of nought [destroy the effectiveness of honest government and judicial leaders; replace truth and honesty with lies]."  )Ridges, David J.. The Old Testament Made Easier Part 3)

I believe that to be true.