Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, May 18, 2018

Joseph Smith - History

The impact of Martin Harris in that last days was significant.  Besides helping the Prophet Joseph Smith with financial assistance, being a scribe to the Book of Mormon, being one of the Three Witnesses, and mortgaging his farm for the printing of the book, I couldn't help but consider scriptural or prophetic references concerning his participation in with the coming forth of the Books of Mormon -

"the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed..."  (Isaiah 29:11)

Where Martin Harris visited Charles Anton in his investigation.

And -

"Wherefore, the Lord hath commanded me to make these plates for a wise purpose in him, which purpose I know not."  (1 Nephi 9:5)

"But behold, I shall take these plates, which contain these prophesyings and revelations, and put them with the remainder of my record, for they are choice unto me; and I know they will be choice unto my brethren.
7 And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will."  (Words of Mormon 1:6–7)

Were as a result of disobedience with the 116 translated pages.