Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, March 23, 2018

D&C 130

First, I have blogged in the past that I felt that the spirits of those that passed on are still here on earth but not with the physical restrictions that we experience here.  I have thought that maybe this sphere is far different for the spirits of the dead.  The Prophet Joseph revealed -

"The angels do not reside on a planet like this earth...:  (Doctrine and Covenants 130:6)

Does that mean that this sphere is nothing like this earth to them or a separate sphere?  The Prophet defined angels as -

"There are two kinds of beings in heaven, namely: Angels, who are resurrected personages, having bodies of flesh and bones..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 129:1)

And -

"Secondly: the spirits of just men made perfect, they who are not resurrected, but inherit the same glory."  (Doctrine and Covenants 129:3)

Does angels he mentions previously related only to resurrected beings?  These are thoughts of mine that I have yet to find the answer.