Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

D&C 38

Alma taught the people of Ammonihah -

"...I would that ye should remember that the Lord God ordained priests, after his holy order, which was after the order of his Son, to teach these things unto the people.
2 And those priests were ordained after the order of his Son, in a manner that thereby the people might know in what manner to look forward to his Son for redemption."  (Alma 13:1–2)

The Lord again teaches much the same thing to His high priests -

"...verily I say unto you, teach one another according to the office wherewith I have appointed you;
24 And let every man esteem his brother as himself, and practice virtue and holiness before me."  (Doctrine and Covenants 38:23–24)