Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, September 11, 2017

D&C 38

In revelation, the Lord declared -

"Verily I say unto you, ye are clean, but not all; and there is none else with whom I am well pleased;
11 For all flesh is corrupted before me; and the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth, among the children of men, in the presence of all the hosts of heaven—
12 Which causeth silence to reign, and all eternity is pained..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 38:10–12)

Obviously, as we strive to repent and keep His commandments, no one is perfect thus "all flesh is corrupted".  And with such, He is not "well pleased".  He cannot look upon sin with the least allowance.  But He is merciful and forgiving and His grace is sufficient.

But -

"...when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man."  (Doctrine and Covenants 121:37)

Thus causeth silence from the powers of heaven and the Holy Ghost.