Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, February 06, 2017

D&C 85

The Prophet Joseph Smith, speaking of revelation, states -

"...thus saith the still small voice, which whispereth through and pierceth all things, and often times it maketh my bones to quake while it maketh manifest..."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 85:6)

I have experienced the power of revelation where "my bones quake".

The Lord also speaks of those that think they know better that their leaders -

"...who was called of God and appointed, that putteth forth his hand to steady the ark of God, shall fall by the shaft of death, like as a tree that is smitten by the vivid shaft of lightning."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 85:8)

In my mind, "putteth forth his hand to steady the ark of God" may be those that try to lead the Church contrary to priesthood leaders and the Lord.