Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Ephesians 6

As Paul compared our fight against darkness and wickedness to war, he counsels -

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."  (New Testament | Ephesians 6:11)

As he described the individual components of the  armor of God, he writes of

"...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God..."  (New Testament | Ephesians 6:17)

Where the other components protect the body, it is the sword that fights against the wicked.  The word of God taught by the Spirit cuts through the lies and falsehoods that is so prevalent in the world.  Of the "sword" Paul continued to write -

'...for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.'  (New Testament | Ephesians 6:19 - 20)

The only way one can speak the word of God by the Spirit, boldly, is if one studies the word of God.