Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, April 24, 2015

Ephesians 3

As I read this chapter, I found several  somewhat hidden doctrines and truths that I believe are important, being -

"...the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ..."  (New Testament | Ephesians 3:8 - 9)

This would suggest two important doctrines.  The first being that up until Paul, there were truths that had been hid even from the beginning.  It would also suggest that there may be many truths yet to be revealed from the days of Paul for -

"We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God."  (Pearl of Great Price | Articles of Faith 1:9)

The second is that Christ created all things under the direction from the Father.  Which would also acknowledge that Christ is the Jehovah of the Old Testament.  Paul also teaches -

"That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge..."  (New Testament | Ephesians 3:16 - 19)

I believe where Paul suggests the hope that we may be able to comprehend the "breadth, and length, and depth, and height" means to me the magnitude of the plan of salvation and what our Father in Heaven has planned for us.  Paul wrote the Corinthians

"...Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."  (New Testament | 1 Corinthians 2:9)

The final truth is that we can feel the Love of Christ even though we have limited knowledge.