Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, April 28, 2014

2 Samuel 2

Sometimes in reading the Old Testament, I struggle to find anything inspiring.  Many times disappointing as the followers of Saul son battle with the followers of David where  -

"...Abner the son of Ner, and the servants of Ish-bosheth the son of Saul, went out from Mahanaim to Gibeon.
13 And Joab the son of Zeruiah, and the servants of David, went out, and met together by the pool of Gibeon: and they sat down, the one on the one side of the pool, and the other on the other side of the pool.
14 And Abner said to Joab, Let the young men now arise, and play before us. And Joab said, Let them arise.
15 Then there arose and went over by number twelve of Benjamin, which pertained to Ish-bosheth the son of Saul, and twelve of the servants of David.
16 And they caught every one his fellow by the head, and thrust his sword in his fellow's side; so they fell down together..."  (Old Testament | 2 Samuel 2:12 - 16)

I  find this very disturbing as twenty four young men, all of which being the children of Israel fight amongst themselves where all die while everyone else watches.

I can't help but ask myself, what's the point?  It always seems to come down to pride, power, and personal gain.