Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

2 Samuel 11

Alma said of sexual immorality -

"...that these things are an abomination in the sight of the Lord; yea, most abominable above all sins save it be the shedding of innocent blood or denying the Holy Ghost?"  (Book of Mormon | Alma 39:5)

Breaking the law of chastity seems to be the downfall of mankind. John taught of

 "...the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel...to commit fornication."  (New Testament | Revelation 2:14)

This was their downfall.  And thus as we read of king David and Bath-sheba that -

"...she came in unto him, and he lay with her..."  (Old Testament | 2 Samuel 11:4)

This was his downfall.  Immorality has destroyed more men than any other sin.  It may even lead, as in David's case, to commit murder.  Sadly we learn in modern revelation -

"David's wives and concubines were given unto him of me, by the hand of Nathan, my servant, and others of the prophets who had the keys of this power; and in none of these things did he sin against me save in the case of Uriah and his wife; and, therefore he hath fallen from his exaltation, and received his portion; and he shall not inherit them out of the world, for I gave them unto another, saith the Lord."  (Doctrine and Covenants | Section 132:39)

I could not bear having Terri given to another!