Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, September 24, 2012

3 Nephi 17

After the Savior had allowed some 2500 individuals to thrust their hands into His side and feel of the prints in His hands, and then taught His doctrine and that which He taught in His mortal ministry to the people and His disciples and, it must have been a long day.  I would assume that it was one day in that we read later that after He left -

"...it was noised abroad among the people immediately, before it was yet dark, that the multitude had seen Jesus, and that he had ministered unto them, and that he would also show himself on the morrow unto the multitude."  (Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 19:2)

But while it was still day -

"...that when Jesus had spoken these words he looked round about again on the multitude, and he said unto them: Behold, my time is at hand.
2 I perceive that ye are weak, that ye cannot understand all my words which I am commanded of the Father to speak unto you at this time.
3 Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again."  (Book of Mormon  3 Nephi 17:1 - 3)

Though this counsel was given after a signficant day of teachings, I sense that Mormon included these words as counself for us in our day.  As we study His words each day in daily scripture reading, He knows that we may not necessarily understand all His words.  He counsels us to ponder His words and as the Father to understand.  Now you know why I try to do my scripture blog everyday.  It is in hopes that I come to understand and prepare my mind to again study His words on the morrow.