Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, July 23, 2012

Alma 54

As I was reading the epistles, back and forth, between Moroni and Ammoron, two excerpts seem to catch my attention this morning. The first continues to be the lying, deceiving, and fraudelous philosophy for power of Ammoron as he writes -

"...your fathers did wrong their brethren, insomuch that they did rob them of their right to the government when it rightly belonged unto them.
18 And now behold, if ye will lay down your arms, and subject yourselves to be governed by those to whom the government doth rightly belong, then will I cause that my people shall lay down their weapons and shall be at war no more." (Book of Mormon | Alma 54:17 - 18)

What a lie! This has been Satan's cry from the beginning -

"Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down..." (Pearl of Great Price | Moses 4:3)

The second excerpt seemed to suggest the humble nature of Moroni where he concludes his epistle -

"...I am Moroni; I am a leader of the people of the Nephites." (Book of Mormon | Alma 54:14)

Moroni recognized that he was just one of many leaders in the defence of God and liberty.