Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Alma 26

As the sons of Mosiah contemplate the great success that they had had amongst the Lamanites, Ammon comments -

"...our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God!" (Book of Mormon Alma 26:3)

With the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ, Ammon continues -

"Yea, they were encircled about with everlasting darkness and destruction; but behold, he has brought them into his everlasting light, yea, into everlasting salvation; and they are encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love..." (Book of Mormon Alma 26:15)

What is this marvelous and everlasting light? It is the knowledge of truth through faith and revelation. Ammon asks -

"...what natural man is there that knoweth these things? I say unto you, there is none that knoweth these things, save it be the penitent.
22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed..." (Book of Mormon Alma 26:21 - 22)

It is this light the world know little of. It is in this that Ammon rejoices saying -

"...yea, and we have been instruments in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work." (Book of Mormon Alma 26:15)

When Aaron expresses concern that Ammon may be boasting, Ammon responds with a great truth -

"...I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." (Book of Mormon Alma 26:11 - 12)

We should always remember that we are nothing and as to our own spiritual strength we are week, but with faith in the Savior, in His strenght we can do all things, even mighting miracles is it be the will of the Lord.