Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, December 14, 2007

Alma 7

Following up my last blog, where Alma went -

"...forth among his people, or among the people of Nephi, that he might preach the word of God unto them, to stir them up in remembrance of their duty...bearing down in pure testimony..." (Book of Mormon Alma 4:19)

Alma first preached to those in Zarahemla, and then he went to preach those in Gideon. It was it Gideon that he found joy that many were living according to the covenants that they had made. But again Alma emphasied the importance of the remembrance of their duty saying -

"I have said these things unto you that I might awaken you to a sense of your duty to God, that ye may walk blameless before him, that ye may walk after the holy order of God, after which ye have been received." (Book of Mormon Alma 7:22)

The holy order being "file leaders" holding the priesthood. Their charge is to awaken each of us to a sense of our duty to God. Alma continues in describing what he meant of their duty saying -

"...I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive." (Book of Mormon Alma 7:23)

And to -

"...see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works." (Book of Mormon Alma 7:24)

Alma finishes his visit with -

"And now my beloved brethren, I have spoken these words unto you according to the Spirit which testifieth in me; and my soul doth exceedingly rejoice, because of the exceeding diligence and heed which ye have given unto my word." (Book of Mormon Alma 7:26)