Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Monday, October 14, 2024

3 Nephi 19

 We read that as the Savior visited the Americas, His disciples -

"...began to pray; and they did pray unto Jesus..."  (3 Nephi 19:18)

and that as they prayed -

"...Jesus blessed them as they did pray unto him..."  (3 Nephi 19:25)

Some might find it disturbing as man is commanded to pray to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ.

I believe it is the use of the word "pray".

As Peter began to sink as he was walking to Jesus - 

"...he cried, saying, Lord, save me."  (Matthew 14:30)

Why?  Because Jesus was there.  He was with Peter. He didn't pray to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ.

The Savior explained why His disciples prayed to Him - 

"...they pray unto me because I am with them."  (3 Nephi 19:22)