Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Mosiah 19

 I find it interesting how people may react under trying circumstances.  This was the case with the people of king Noah where - 

"...the king commanded them that all the men should leave their wives and their children, and flee before the Lamanites.

12 Now there were many that would not leave them, but had rather stay and perish with them. And the rest left their wives and their children and fled."  (Mosiah 19:11–12)

We might judge those that left their wives and children.  But even then, they seemed to regret their actions, and chose to repent and take responsibility for their actions.  Thank goodness for the atonement of Jesus Christ.