Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Mosiah 1

 King Benjamin instructs his son, Mosiah, to gather the people for he wanted to talk with them.  One reason - 

"...I shall give this people a name, that thereby they may be distinguished above all the people which the Lord God hath brought out of the land of Jerusalem; and this I do because they have been a diligent people in keeping the commandments of the Lord.

12 And I give unto them a name that never shall be blotted out, except it be through transgression."  (Mosiah 1:11–12)

We learn later that the name is "Christ".  Because Christ become the Father of Eternal Life, you would have to believe that those who obtain exaltation, their surnames may be considered His.