Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, February 02, 2024

1 Nephi 20

 Isaiah speaks of those that have entered into covenants (swear) saying - 

"Hearken and hear this, O house of Jacob, who are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, or out of the waters of baptism, who swear by the name of the Lord, and make mention of the God of Israel..."  (1 Nephi 20:1)

But obviously they didn't keep their covenants in that - 

"...they swear not in truth nor in righteousness."  (1 Nephi 20:1)

The Lord then mentions that if they had kept their covenants, their,- 

"...peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea."  (1 Nephi 20:18)