Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

1 John 1

 John teaches some great truths - 

"If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"  (1 John 1:6)

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."  (1 John 1:8)

"...hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."  (1 John 2:3–6)

It is clear that a belief only is not sufficient.