Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, May 20, 2022

President Dallin H. Oaks - Divine Love in the Father’s Plan

 As President Dallin H. Oaks discussed the Plan of Salvation for all of God's children, some comments stood out to me -

"He taught that to love God and to love our neighbors are the first of God’s great commandments.1 Those commands are first because they invite us to grow spiritually by seeking to imitate God’s love for us. I wish we all had a better understanding of the loving doctrine and policies that our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, have established in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. What I say here seeks to clarify how God’s love explains that doctrine and the Church’s inspired policies."

I note "Those commands are first because they invite us to grow spiritually by seeking to imitate God’s love for us" or in other words, become like Him.

For - 

"The highest of these is exaltation in the celestial kingdom, wherein we may become like our Father and His Son, Jesus Christ."

Thus - 

"As a Book of Mormon prophet taught, we must press forward, having “a love of God and of all men.”"

I add - 

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."  (Romans 8:16–17)