Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Moses 1

 As Moses, being one that had held great power and authority in Egypt - 

"...beheld the world upon which he was created; and Moses beheld the world and the ends thereof, and all the children of men which are, and which were created; of the same he greatly marveled and wondered." Moses 1:8)

And as a result of this vision - 

"...that it was for the space of many hours before Moses did again receive his natural strength like unto man; and he said unto himself: Now, for this cause I know that man is nothing, which thing I never had supposed."  (Moses 1:10)

Obviously, Moses was humbled.  Sometimes in our lives we begin to experience some pride in our opportunities and accomplishments.  It is important that we step back and consider that in the eternal perspective of things, we are presently "nothing".